5 Şubat 2020 Çarşamba

Mezarımda Durup da Ağlama Mary Elizabeth Frye Şiiri Türkçe Çevirisi

Vincent van Gogh - Almond Blossom
Mary Elizabeth Frye'nın 1932 yılında yazdığı Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep şiirinin İnternet'te çok sayıda versiyonu bulunuyor. Ben de derlediğim, seçtiğim versiyonları üzerinden Türkçeye çevirdim.

Türkçeye çeviren: Mehmet Gündoğdu

Mezarımda Durup da Ağlama

Mezarımda durup da ağlama
Değilim orada. Değilim uykuda.
Sonsuzca gezinen rüzgârlardayım.
Karda ışık saçan parıltılardayım.
Olgunlaşmış başaklardaki ışıltıyım.
Zarifçe inip okşayan güz damlasıyım.
Uyandığın her sabah sükûnuna
Gökte telaşla süzülen kanatlarla
Daireler çizerek gelen kırlangıcım.
Geceni aydınlatan narin yıldızım.
Mezarımda durup da ağlama;
Değilim orada. Yaşıyorum hâlâ.


Orijinal versiyonları:

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep

1

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

2

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain.
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am the morning hush.
I am the graceful rush
of beautiful birds in circling flight.
I am the star shine of the night.
I am the flowers that bloom.
I am in a quiet room.
I am the birds that sing.
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

— Mary Elizabeth Frye

Mehmet Gündoğdu
avuntusaati@gmail.com

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder